Large popcorn calories
. How many calories
in a small potato.
Large Popcorn Calories
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- Either of two units of heat energy
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- small kernels of corn exploded by heat
- These kernels when popped, typically buttered and salted and eaten as a snack
- corn having small ears and kernels that burst when exposed to dry heat
- Corn of a variety with hard kernels that swell up and burst open with a pop when heated
- A speaking clock service is a recorded or simulated human voice service, usually accessed by telephone, that gives the correct time.
- Of considerable or relatively great size, extent, or capacity
- Pursuing an occupation or commercial activity on a significant scale
- at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
- Of greater size than the ordinary, esp. with reference to a size of clothing or to the size of a packaged commodity
- a garment size for a large person
- above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
A healthier choice.
I'm not claiming that making your own popcorn
at home is completely healthy. However, when compared to the popcorn
your purchase at the theater there is a significant difference. A large size popcorn
at Carmike Theaters contains twenty cups of popcorn. In all there are1,200 calories and 60 grams of saturated fat
in that large popcorn! ("Movie theater popcorn", 2008). A bag of my favorite brand at home contains five cups of popped corn. That adds up to 100 calories and just 5 grams of saturated fat
10 cups "light" microwave popcorn
3 Tbsp butter
5 cups miniature marshmallow
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp maple extract
Melt butter and marshmallow
s over low
heat in a LARGE pan. Add extract. Remove from heat and carefully stir in popcorn. Spray hands with nonstick spray and shape popcorn into balls, using approximately 1/2 cup for each ball. (I got 16 balls; YMMV.)
Each ball is approximately 85 calories, 2.5g fat
, 0.5g fiber (or 2 WW points), and 17g carbs.
Related topics: calorie database download how many calories does an average person eat a day low carb high protein powder lose weight effortlessly blueberries calorie count mens weight loss stories low carb recipe
- (月) 01:14:50|